A self renovated eclectic Japanese-Western house that used to be an old folk house. [Life gear home style]
With the increased amount of time spent at home due to the pandemic many people are working on improving their homes as both work and a hobby.
We’re going to take a look at how some people achieve their ideal lifestyle at home.
Here we will take a look at Mr Aoki’s home which is self renovated and he also runs it as a guest house.
A unique space that combines outdoor elements with both Japanese and Western influences.
Tatsuya Aoki (representative of noniwa)
Mr. Aoki’s runs the noniwa campsite from his home, which also serves as an open space open to campers who can also stay in the living room and kitchen.
“Originally, it was an old folk house that became uninhabited, so I took advantage of that and decided to self-renovate. Since I was dealing with African products in my previous job, I mixed African and Japanese folk crafts and rented gear and created a living room with a panoramic view. ”
The unique space, which is a mix of Japanese and Western styles with outdoor elements, is somewhat nostalgic and creates a relaxing environment.
The exterior is a modern style covered with galvalume steel plate because it is a relocated old private house. The second floor is used as a private space for the couple. “Customers who visit for the first time are surprised by the difference between the exterior and interior (laughs).”
“Since the garden is a campsite, I hope it will be an extension of that and a place where our guests can relax.”
The large living room that connects the 8 tatami mats and the inner porch is an open space with a sense of being lived in. “Customers often say,” I feel like I’m back home “(laughs). In the future, I’d like to add a wooden deck that can be used for bonfires.”
An open nostalgic space created via DIY.
In front of the alcove and the window in the corner of the living room, which is also an open space, a small area is built using tatami mats. In the midst of this oriental atmosphere, Moroccan folk crafts and cushions are displayed, and there is also a bonfire between in the alcove.
There is a display shelf made by himself with a perforated board and pine wood. “We have carefully selected items for a wide range of camps, and of course all of them are actually usable. We make it easy to choose the gear that you want to try out.”
The kitchen is lined with a large number of mugs and outdoor kitchen wear. If you stay at the campsite, you can rent all the equipment and tools here. There is also a commercial stove and a large fireplace in the kitchen, so you can enjoy authentic outdoor cooking.
A large hammock is also available in the space on the inner porch that is integrated with the living room. “This is a place where you can relax in the sunshine, and when you open the window, a pleasant breeze comes in.”
There is also a bookshelf with books related to the outdoors. “I have books that I want to study personally and books that I want customers to read.” A large signboard made of natural wood has been built under the bookshelf.
Area: Hiki-gun, Saitama Prefecture
Floor plan: 2LDK
Housing form: Detached house
Number of years occupied: 2 years
Age of build: 20 years
GO OUT vol.143 is full of fashionable home interiors!
GO OUT vol.143, which is now on sale, focuses on two essentials, the “house and car.”.
In addition, the latest collection of “cooler boxes” that show their true potential in summer and a lot of other contents will be delivered this month, so if you are interested, hurry to the following sales site or a convenience store near you!
- A base for rural living, which is a self-renovated old house. [Fashionable outdoor style home look]
- Nowadays each person has their own way of thinking about their own ideal lifestyle! This time, we will report on the ...
ROOM2 years ago
- Bring the scent of outdoors to your home! The sacred fragrant wood “Palo Santo”. Three brands to watch out for this summer.
- Room fragrances are accelerating in popularity due to the increase in time spent at home during the global pandemic,...
ROOM1 year ago
- We ask fashionable outdoors experts for their 10 best at home items. [Part 2]
- With the current global pandemic, now that you're at home for a long time, at least you want to enjoy your indoor life w...
ROOM3 years ago
- An urban lifestyle with a good balance between living environment and location. [Life gear home style]
- With the increased amount of time spent at home due to the pandemic many people are working on improving their homes as ...
ROOM1 year ago
- A maintenance-free Bonsai: The “Dry Bonsai” that does not require pruning or watering?
- As time spent at home time increases, it is becoming even more popular to incorporate plants as part of your interior de...
ROOM10 months ago
- A Japanese style gear room that looks just like a shop, with excellent storage. [stylish interior look]
- If you're a hobbyist, you shouldn't store collection away, but rather decorate them in a visible place. If you do that, ...
ROOM3 years ago
- The new tree focused brand “Whole Tree” has arrived. Naturally-derived items such as sanitizing sprays are available.
- Japan's leading design group Landscape Products, which develops various creative products, announced a new brand. WH...
ROOM3 years ago